Monday, May 07, 2007

Monday Recipe - Chicken Salad

Warmer weather is hitting here in Texas and so I am starting to bring out my "summer" recipes. The following is a recipe that I received my RacerDad's step-mother several years ago. It is one that they enjoyed on a regular basis and it sounded good so I brought it home. The only problem, RacerDad is not a meat salad kinda guy!

For years this has been a salad I have made to take to "ladies" brunches, I am always asked for the recipe. But my family had never tasted it...until last week. We were off to a baseball double header, which meant I needed to pack dinner and RacerDad said "please, no sandwiches." Oh the dilemma!! I decided to try this salad out on everyone. What was the worst that could happen? I would be buying hot dogs from the concession stand.

Everyone loved the salad. My sweet husband even asked "Why haven't you made this before?" MEN!! Gotta love them.

Chicken Salad

4 cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces (you can bake, I typically grill)
2 cups sliced grapes
3/4 cups sliced almonds
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream

Combine mayo and sour cream. Pour over remaining ingredients and stir to combine.

I usually serve this with homemade rolls or croissants, not as a sandwich.

No comments: