Friday, August 10, 2007

Knit 1 Tea 2 Swap




Do you like loose tea or bags, or both – something you want to try? I prefer loose tea. Though I am not opposed to tea bags.


What is your favorite kind of tea (Brand, flavor, variety, etc)? Teavana is a brand I keep on hand. I love their Earl Grey Creme and Lady Earl Grey. I also enjoy fruit flavored teas in the afternoon...ginger peach, apricot, etc.


Favorite color in regards to tea or one you would like to try? (black, green, red, and white) (keeping in mind that this is how this swap is set up). Black would probably be my preference. I love the color red, but rooibos teas give me a headache.


Would you say you were a tea pot kind of person or just a hot water heater kind? Oh, definitely a tea pot gal.


What tea accessories would you like but have never purchases for yourself? I would love a tea cozy, I have many patterns but have never knit one. A tea wand is also something that intrigues me.

How do you prefer to be pampered? (examples: mani/pedi, bubble bath, yummy treat, etc). A bubble bath and a good book.


If you were a kind of yarn what would you be and why? Bright colored sock yarn. Pampers the feet with softness, practical with a touch of the unexpected. My socks are so different from the rest of my wardrobe which is fairly conservative.

If you had to knit/crochet baby booties, a fun fur scarf, or a fair isle sweater, which would you choose and why? I would knit baby booties. I am not a fun fur kind of girl and I still find fair isle a bit daunting.


What other event would make you skip a tea party? (A garden party? A book club meeting? A yoga class? Opening night for a new action thriller? etc?) A book club meeting.


What treat would you consider essential at your tea party? (Sweet? Salty? Scones? Those petite pastry trays with a couple of all sorts of things? Little crust less sandwiches?) Scones and creme are a must have. Then some delicate little pastries that are a feast for your eyes!


When buying yarn for a project how do you choose - do you buy the one called for or do you substitute? I try to find the yarn called for, but I am not above substitutions especially if I find a color I like better!


What do you carry your knitting/crocheting in when on the go? Love my little Loopy Ewe bag with the handle. Next would be my Sockapalooza bag.


Favorite movie to watch while knitting/crocheting? Any Jane Austen, especially Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth. (mmmm)


Are you a traditional tea cup kind of person or a mug type of person? Tea Cup, I love to feel like a lady, since I am surrounded by all men. Do you care if they match? Not really. I enjoy mixing and matching patterns.


Favorite childhood birthday party? A slumber party with all the girls from the 4th grade. My mom didn't realize that would equate to 35 girls and that all of them would come. ;-)

Favorite type of scone and jam? Tart cherry scone, lemon curd. Not necessarily together.

If you use candles, what is your favorite scent? Cooking scents...apple pie, buttercream frosting, spiced pumpkin

If you could choose 3 people to have 'tea' with, who would they be and why? (famous or not, living or dead). My mom and my granny. I miss having these two wonderful ladies to share their wisdom with me. Then Katherine Hepburn, she has led a fascinating life.

You've been invited to a tea party, what 'props' will you wear (formal or casual)? A tea length "flowy" dress and a hat. Similar to the one that Julia Roberts wore to the polo match in the movie Pretty Woman. Love that outfit!

Any allergies/preferences you have or are willing to admit to? Cats and smoke otherwise I am good.

Anything we missed that you want your pal to know? Looking forward to a tea party!

No comments: