Friday, August 17, 2007

Vacation Swap to the Beach

My local knitting group hosted a Vacation Swap. The idea was to send your partner to a vacation locale and put theme based goodies in the package. My partner was my very dear friend Blogless Ellen. She went way above and beyond on my package. It was simply unbelievable.

It was all packaged in the darling polka dot bag. The bag is great for the beach (or to carry my knitting in). There is a separate zippered waterproof compartment and another zippered compartment inside, as well as pockets on the outside. I love the colors, so bright and cheery.

Inside was a fun note explaining each object and its significance to my vacation. There was a chart holder from KnitPicks (one I have had my eye on forever), to keep my pattern from blowing away. She included a great sock pattern that I think will be fun to try.

A handmade, just for me, needle roll was the next item. It is beautifully tie-dyed in aquas, blues and greens then lined with a sand colored fabric. I filled it as soon as I got home. I was so excited that it holds my large needles as well as all my dpns.

Ellen provided me with a book to read, what is a beach vacation without a book?? This one is special because it is from a local author with whom she used to work. Based in Texas at the turn of the century, I can't wait to read it. It is next in my stack on the nightstand.

Last, but definitely not least, was the yarn goodness. Ellen gave me Socks That Rock and not one skein, but two!!! That is right people...two skeins of STR. Both skeins are lovely shades of ocean blue. Ellen said she couldn't decide which one to give me, so she did both! The first is Lucy in the Sky and the other is Blue Moonstone. Just lovely!

Thank you so much dear friend. It was a wonderful vacation!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Wow! Awesome package!
What a great job your partner did!

I love my KP Chart Keeper. It's so handy. Makes using charts much easier.

Can't wait to see what you decide to do with that STR.