Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Play Ball!

It seems like baseball season just ended and here it is time for full blown practicing again. Well, I guess for our family the season never really ends, for even when official team practices are over, there are still batting lessons, pitching lessons and speed training.

Since we moved into the new house last year things just hadn't seemed right with regards to baseball practice. The boys would go to team practice, RacerDad would take them up to the ball fields....but something just wasn't the same. Yesterday it hit me what was missing.....


The batting cage in the backyard. RacerDad finally had time to set the poles and get the net up. Yes, we have a 50 foot tunnel with halogen lights (for night time batting) right in our own yard. So yesterday afternoon and this morning I heard the sounds I had been missing since we moved in....the ping of ball hitting bat. What a lovely sound.

Do you remember the song...."Blue skies smiling at me, nothing but blue skies do I see." This picture is a perfect example of what I love about living in Texas. Here it is the end of February and we have beautiful blue skies and temperatures in the 70's and low 80's. Just gorgeous. Maybe I need to flag this post so that in the summer when it is 95 and blistering hot at 9 a.m. I will remember that I love living here.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh Julie, I am SO envious of your batting cage in your yard! My boys might just die of excitement if we had such a thing. Playing baseball in TX is very different than playing in NH. We have such a short season.

Think we could come for a visit?