Friday, April 20, 2007

Short Row Heels

I have come to the conclusion that short row heels are pure torture, designed to frustrate me. I began my first pair of toe up socks not too long ago. They are a beautiful green Koigu. I had no problems with the toe, of course the foot was mindless knitting. Today I began the short row heel. I read, reread and reread the directions and began. I had no problem with the slip/wrap process. Things were looking good. Then began the "reviving the wraps" rows. At first all was well. Until I began noticing a hole on one side, oh wait, it wasn't one hole it was a series of rather big holes....more like a spiderweb than a hole in a sock.

I have put the sock away. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to go by the yarn shop and have someone show me the error of my ways. I am just afraid I won't know where to stop unraveling!

No comments: