Friday, March 30, 2007

Listening for God

I find it hard to take the time for personal bible reading. I read with my children and we do devotions together each morning, but as for my own personal quiet time I am ashamed to say that it often is put on the back burner. The mornings I begin with the Lord are always better but my sinful nature finds so many other things it would rather do. Like reading blogs...

So this morning, as I was surfing through Bloggityville I came across a post at Everyday Mommy that made me think.

"As I prayed and mused, suddenly it happened. God said, “Come and see what I have done.” There was not the slightest doubt in my mind that these were the very words of God. In this very moment. At this very place in the twenty-first century, 2007, God was speaking to me with absolute authority and self-evidencing reality. I paused to let this sink in. There was a sweetness about it. Time seemed to matter little. God was near. He had me in his sights. He had something to say to me. When God draws near, hurry ceases. Time slows down."

Read the rest of the story here.

I am off for some Quiet Time before the rest of my household wakes up.

No comments: