Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Tour - Part 2

The Christmas tour continues in the family room. This tree is loaded with Hallmark ornaments that my mother had collected since 1974. There are dated ornaments for every year as well as Collectors only pieces. These mean a lot to me because many of them I remember from over the years. The gold satin ball toward the top is one of the ones from my grandparents' tree. While all of the old ornaments bring memories, the best of all are the ones that my boys have made. It is so fun to see their faces as they put up ornaments that they made in past years.



The guest bathroom is home to my grandmother's ceramic tree. Did your relatives have a ceramic tree with the removable colored bulbs? I think just about every home in the 70's had one. I have the one that belonged to my mother in the kitchen. It amazes me that the boys think these are just the coolest thing.


The stockings are hung on the bar, underneath the snowman collection. The mantel is not designed in a way that we could screw cup hooks in order to hang them there. I just can't justify spending the money on three more stocking hangers, so for now they hang here. I don't think they look too out of place, since the previous owners had made the fake rock wall.


The view of the family room from the upstairs landing. The Santa collections somewhat overwhelms the fireplace, but Bobby really liked them all put there. On the armoir, the Three Wisemen look down. They were another gift from my MIL. I really like the folkart look. The bottom half of each wiseman depicts part of the nativity story.

We also have two nativities in the house. The first is in the foyer, it is my mother's Precious Moments nativity. The other is in the breakfast room, it is the nativity by Willowtree. I love the simple lines of the folk art set.

I hope you liked the tour. It has been fun decorating our new home for Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Wonderful tour of your home! I enjoyed seeing every bit. I especially liked the little ceramic tree. My Nana had one and we would always play with it and move all the little bulbs around. I don't know what became of it.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.