Thursday, December 21, 2006

Mid-December Dishcloth KAL done


Well, after frogging it three times on the first day, it is finally done. I must say it was a great learning tool. The pattern has both ssk and p2sso stitches to make a lacy pattern. I used Peaches and Cream in Shades of Green, once again lighting is my nemesis and I can't get a good shot of the color!
Beth asked me on my last dishcloth post why I knit dishcloths, that is a very good question. I began my knitting journey with dishcloths... quick, easy to learn and very useful. For years though, that was the only thing I had the courage to knit...patterns scared the peewaddle out of me. Obviously I did not do real adventurous dishcloths!

Now I am learning to knit socks and that has given me the courage to try new things. I have now made shawls, scarves, felted slippers, socks, and hats. I have a purse project in the works and a baby blanket that needs to be done by February. With all that in mind, I still enjoy dishcloths. I guess because for me it is a project that will be done in a couple of hours and I use them. If you are a knitter and haven't tried dishcloths yet, may I suggest one as a quick project. And much the same as handknit socks, once you have had a good scrubby cotton one in your hand it is very hard to go back to store-bought ones....they just aren't the same!
By the way......this is my 100th post! Becca asked me if I was going to do something special to recognize it. I thought about it, but then I thought in Bloggityville 100 is such a small number, I will wait until I hit the 500 mark or 1 year whichever comes first. Hope you are enjoying my blog...it has been a great release for me. Oh, did switch to the new Blogger, hopefully you will see some new features soon.

1 comment:

Becky G said...

Happy 100th! I really like the colors you did your dishcloth in. I did mine in P&C shaded pastel. As soon as blogger lets me upload a picture, I'll have it on my blog.