Monday, December 18, 2006

Godly Heritage

Three friends have lost grandparents in the last two weeks. In each case, the grandparent was a believer with a strong personal relationship with Christ. I have enjoyed listening to my friends share the testimonies of their loved ones. I have been encouraged to see the legacy they left behind...Pastors, Sunday School teachers, Deacons, Elders, awesome teenagers.

God promised Abraham that for his faithfulness, Abraham's decendants would be like grains of sand...to numerous to count. In much the same way, God has blessed each of these families to the third and fourth generation with godly families.

While I feel sorrow for my friends, I am joyful knowing that these wonderful people had the indescribable experience of hearing our Lord and Savior say "Well done, my good and faithful servant".

No comments: