I am going to finish my breakfast room curtains today. It has been a long process. I had the room painted back in July, getting rid of the wild grapevine wallpaper from the previous owners, turning it a soft shade of green (Sherwin Williams - Clary Sage). Once the room was done, I looked at it and my first thought was...institutional green, my first classroom was that color! It was very bland soft green and beige roman shades....absolutely no color! I really did not like it. But I knew the whole look would change with curtains.
The search for the perfect curtain fabric began. I found one fabric immediately. My mother-in-law figured I would come home and begin the curtains at once, but I needed a contrasting fabric. I would look when the boys and I went shopping, but never found a good mix. I know I was driving dear MIL crazy, she is an impulsive get it done kind of gal. But I knew I would be living with the curtains for a LONG time, so I wanted it right.
The first of November I found the complimentary fabric, buttons and tassels. Now I had everything I needed to complete the project. Everything but time! I began working on them with full intention of having them done before Thanksgiving. I missed the mark. My dear RacerDad, told me not to worry about it...the completed one and two in progress looked great up on the windows. I didn't need to stay up all night to finish the other three. For once I listened to him and did not make myself crazy to finish.
But today is the day. I have all the sewing completed. I need to press the remaining three, put buttonholes and buttons on five and hang them. Very do-able. I will post pictures later today.
See other Tackle it Tuesdays here.