Monday, November 27, 2006

Warning...Pity party

I have had a hard time posting lately. I have actually had a hard time doing most anything....knitting, sewing, reading. I have spent alot of time cleaning house, cooking for Thanksgiving and crying. RacerDad trys to understand, but even he feels my grief process should be over. As he says, "It has almost been a year".

And it has, but Thanksgiving was the last holiday we spent together. Christmas she was sick and didn't want us to come, so I think Christmas will be hard. Then it will be a year in February.

I have expressed before the extreme lonliness I have felt. It is getting better. A dear friend has become as she said "my knitting Titus 2 woman" I appreciate her more than she will ever know. She calls to just chat several times a week and I look forward to her calls. Another friend sent an email last week just letting me know that she was praying for me because she knew the holidays would be tough. So God has surrounded me with supportive people and it is getting easier, I just never knew what a deep sadness could feel like.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Julie,
I will pray for you this holiday season. May you receive peace and joy.

Beth

Sandra Knapp said...

Hi Julie,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

I lost my younger sister 3 years ago, October 6th, to cancer. She was only 57 yrs. old. Every Mother's Day we (Our Mother and 3 daughters) spent the day together, and the following year I just could not make the trip to join my Mother and baby sister for our annual day together. I was still struggling so hard with the loss of my sister. Losing your Mother must be much worse, and I sympathize and empathize with you. It will get easier over time, but no one can tell when that time will come or when it should come. We all adjust at our own rate. I know you will move on, but don't allow others to make you feel bad for feeling your loss so deeply.

I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family, and I hope they can help you to make it through your Xmas this year as well.

Take care,
Sandie :)

digsite said...

awe hang in there. things will get better.

i love your photos of oklahoma. what a wonderful place for kids to grow up!

Firefly said...

My mother is in the end stages of Alzheimer's. When my father had a heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery this August, my mother went downhill rapidly. For the past couple of months she had really been gone to us.

I was finally able to post something about how I was feeling this month. I never really talked about my mother before on my blog. It has been a long ten years since her diagnosis.

I will be praying for you. Maybe God is preparing you to comfort me in the future. :)

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.


2 Corinthians 1:3-4