Thursday, November 30, 2006

Winter Weather

Gotta love North Texas weather! Yesterday it was 73 degrees, the temperature dropped down to 36 by 7:00 pm last night. Today we have 31 degrees and falling with rain.

I am looking forward to a day at home. Oatmeal for breakfast, hot tea all day, and baked potato soup for dinner. The boys and I have plenty of reading to do - need to catch up from yesterday. We will also put up our second tree and get the snowman collection out. I also have several knitting projects to work on.

The question is.....will I turn on the heater? My sweet husband has teased me, in our old home the heat pump never worked efficiently so the house was cold. In this house, the heater works (we think, haven't had it on) but his wife (me) is too cheap to turn it on. I am afraid to turn it on after the electric bills we had this summer! I know it is a gas heater, not electric but aren't gas prices high as well? I will turn it on today, tonight it is supposed to get down in the 20's.

No comments: