Now that I have learned how to program names and work a bit with the embroidery software, RacerDad is putting me to work. He purchased a batting jacket for Speedy B and asked me to put the team name and B's number on it.
I must say this one took a bit of thought. I had only practiced on flat pieces of fabric, I did not have to work around sleeves and neck holes before! It didn't turn out too bad. I know if we had purchased it at a local embroidery shop we would have spent $25 - $30. This way it was just the cost of the jacket and my time.
Not too bad for a first attempt at a garment. I did have to pick the beginning of the "S" out one time, for some unknown reason it started sewing in white (bobbin color). I rethread everything and it was fine. Go figure!