Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday Morning Recipe

I love all things pumpkin. Since it is fall, (who would know here in Texas!), I am ready to pull out my pumpkin recipe stash and experience the warm cozy feel they give me. This is a new recipe for me. A friend of my mother's shared it with me recently, I am giving it a try this week.

PUMPKIN DUMP CAKE

1 - 15 oz. can of pumpkin
4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 - 12 oz. can evaporated milk

Mix the above ingredients together and pour in greased 9X11 cake pan.

Sprinkle yellow cake mix over pumpkin mixture.

Sprinkle pecans on top of cake mix.

Melt 2 sticks of oleo and pour over top of cake mix and pecans.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes.

1 comment:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

Ummmmm I cannot wait to try this. I too love anything Pumpkin. Thanks for sharing. I love your blog and hope to get to know you through homeschooling.