Friday, October 27, 2006

Gray Friday Morning

We woke up this morning to gray skies and howling wind. It is in the 50s, but seems much colder. It is amazing how much the sound of the 20 mph wind plays into our thinking.

I had Taste of Home Entertaining party last night. Several friends came for fellowship and fun. We had a great time. Taste of Home is a wonderful cooking magazine, I have subscribed to it for years. The company has now ventured into the home party market much the same as Southern Living at Home. I was impressed by the quality of their products and they have several beautiful and unique things. I have to laugh, I remember going to Home Interiors parties with my mom as a child. Home parties have come along way since the days of "groupings" and "brass butterflies". Did your home have the brass butterflies? Not only did my mom have them, but both grandmas and just about every family at church!

I made some fun recipes that I had never tried before...one was the classic Knorr's spiniach dip. The other was a "4 cheese pate". I was a little put off by this one at first, isn't pate some kind of animal liver??? It was actually just a fancy cheese ball. Everyone liked it. I may post it as a Monday Morning recipe when it is closer to the holidays.

No comments: