Thursday, October 19, 2006

Queen of Laundry

Laundry is the bain of my existence. I am grateful that we have clothes to wear and ever so thankful that I have a washer and dryer in which to clean them. But I hate to do laundry. I think the reason for my poor feelings is the fact that laundry is NEVER done. Even if all clothes are washed and put away, when my family of five goes to bed immediately there is another full load, if not two.

Mom was the Queen of Laundry. She was always on top of it and never understood why I could not be. I tried to explain to her that the problem was four additional people. She would calmly say "The trick is to do one load a day." I would smile and tell her that I did two if not three a day...she would never believe it. Whenever she came to visit, she would help with the laundry. It gave her a purpose and she felt that she was really helping out. Boy, was she! I would have loved her help today. I thought I had all the loads done about 10:30 this morning. Foolish me! RacerDad sent the boys up to straighten up their rooms, soon after I went into the laundry room. I couldn't even walk in there! The boys had piled clothes all in the floor, there was not even walking space. Oh, well...I guess I can call it job security.

No comments: