Saturday, October 28, 2006

My Yarn Stash

Yarn....such a beautiful thing! I am finding it is very addicting to purchase. I can't just buy one when I go to look, I must add several skeins. The following picture is proof. I am currently knitting my first pair of socks, yet in my stash is enough yarn to knit at least ten more pairs. I should get very good at socks. I do not plan to purchase anymore sock yarn until this pile is depleted. Do you believe I can hold off???


Most of the above yarns are from Knit Picks. I think they have great prices and I was delighted with their selections until I started listening to the experts. Anyone who has completed a pair of socks is an expert in my book! They were talking of Socks That Rock and Lorna's Laces. What could these yarns be like? My LYS did not carry these brands. So the ever present and helpful internet came to my rescue. My first "expensive" yarn purchase was the STR in Lagoon - below, center.

Isn't it beautiful? Then I went with two different Lorna's Laces colors. I ordered them from Angelika's. I was thrilled with her customer service. I ordered on Thursday and the yarn was delivered on Saturday. Wow! The solid color is Harvest and the bottom is Camelot (an exclusive for Angelika), both are Shepherd Sock.

While I still like my yarn from Knit Picks, the STR and LL are calling. Which to use first? What pattern? Oh the decisions - how fun!

Related tags: ; ;

No comments: