Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday Morning Recipe

This is a favorite of the boys. They are not hard to make, just slightly labor intensive. I set it up assembly line fashion and each boy takes a part. The good thing, if you double or triple the recipe, you will have cinnamon rolls for several teas or breakfasts.

Mini Cinnamon Rolls (single recipe)

18-20 slices decrusted white bread

Combine for filling:
1 t. vanilla
1 egg
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar

In one bowl:
1 1/2 sticks melted butter

In one bowl:
1 cup sugar
2 T. cinnamon

Flatten each piece of bread with a rolling pin. Spread filling mixture on each slice. Roll up jelly roll style. Roll each in melted butter, then in cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place 5 rolls on a sheet of foil. Wrap and freeze overnight or longer.

When ready to bake, slice each roll into 5 pieces. Place on a cookie sheet, cut side down. Bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes. Turn over and bake an additional 6 minutes or until golden brown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie,

Thank you so much for sending me the link to your blog. I feel like I really know what is going on in your life. Although this may sound crazy but reading your entries made me cry. Mostly b/c I started thinking of why you started your blog, things you would talk to your mother about...I think that this is a wonderful idea! Anyway I look foward to seeing what else is going on in your life. This is really fun!! I will come back later and check out some of your links. I will be sending you an email shortly.

Amanda